Dr. Ri-Dong Hu
Dr. Hu Ridong, born in Yung Ting of Fujian Province in May1964, is a member of Communist Party. As a doctor, professor, and tutor of PhD students, he is now the dean of School of Economics and Finance of HuaQiao University, the director of Postdoctoral Research on Applied Economics, the leader of Quantitative Economics National Key Disciplines, the director of Quantitative Economics Research Center of Research Institute of Humanities and Social Science in Fujian Province, and the director of Innovation Base for Graduates of Quantitative Economics in Fujian Province. He graduated from Department of Mathematics of East China Normal University (Bachelor's Degree) in July 1984 and Department of Operational Research and Cybernetics of East China Normal University (Master's Degree) in July 1987, when he was distributed to teach in HuaQiao University. During 1993-1994, he visited University of Hong Kong for a year.
He was promoted Associate Professor in July 1997. Before graduating from Department of Management Science and Engineering of Tianjin University (Doctorate) in August 2001, he was promoted Professor in July 2001. He took on the tutor of PhD students of Department of Quantitative Economics in July 2002 and the tutor of PhD students of Department of Business Administration in 2004. Presently, he takes on Deputy President of China Quantitative Economics Society, Executive Director of China Information Economics Society, member of China Finance Society Financial Engineering Committee, Executive Director of China Marketing Association, Vice President of Fujian Economics Association, Vice President of Fujian International Business and Economics Association, as well as the editorial board of Commercial Times and Journal of HuaQiao University. He mainly engages in the instruction and scientific research on financial engineering and financial management, financial quantitative analysis and the application, macro-economic model and the application, as well as investment and finance and financial management.
He has hosted 3 national social science funds, 1 national soft science, and more than 10 national and provincial-level scientific research projects and is hosting 1 Humanities and Social Science Fund of the Ministry of Education, 1 Key Research on Scientific Technology of the Ministry of Education, and 1 Fujian Province Soft Scientific Research, with 6 rewards of Fujian Province Excellent Performance of Social Science (3 second prizes and 3 third prizes). Moreover, he has published more than 70 academic papers in The Journal of Quantitative & Technical Economics, Economic Geography, Macroeconomics, Journal of Finance and Economics, and Shanghai Economic Review, hosted 6 horizontal topic research, and participated in more than 10 projects of National Natural Fund and National Social Science Fund. The speech of Monetary Finance received Fujian Province Excellent Course; the hosted International Finance received Fujian Province Quality Course; the in-charged instruction team, International Finance, received Fujian Province Instruction Team; and, two of the three published materials received Fujian Province Excellent Teaching Achievement. He has cultivated 1 post doctorate, 12 doctorate, and more than 60 master’s students, in which two tutored doctorate papers won the second prize of Fujian Province Excellent Doctorate Paper; and, 6 post doctorate students, 8 advanced visiting scholars, 7 doctorate students, and 9 master’s students are tutored.
Hu Ridong has won National Candidate New Century Million Talent Engineering (2009), Expert with Special Government Allowance of the State Council (2011), Fujian Province Excellent Young Expert of Social Science (2008), Fujian Province Famous Teacher in Higher Education (2010), and Advanced Worker in Quanzhou (2012).
Hosted National and Provincial-level Research Projects
1. National Social Science Fund, The study on the scale and structure of the utilization of foreign capital and oversea investment in China (98CJL008)
2. National Social Science Fund, Empirical analyses and strategic study on oversea investment in China (01CJY002)
3. National Social Science Fund, The correlation study on inflation and inflation uncertainty in China (08BJL019)
4. National Soft Science Research, The effects of inflation and inflation uncertainty on macro-economy (2008GXS5D130)
5. Key Research on Scientific Technology of the Ministry of Education, The Study of Interaction between High-tech Industrial Cluster and Technical Innovation in China(209148)
6. Humanities and Social Science Planning Fund of the Ministry of Education, The study on the transmission effects of RMB exchange rate fluctuation on price level in China(11JYA790048)
7. Soft Science Project of Fujian Province, Comparative study on the effects of economic agglomeration in Fujian and Taiwan on technological innovation (2012R058)
8. Soft Science Key Project of Fujian Province, Analyzing the industrial development strategies of economic zone on the west side of Taiwan Strait based on the dynamic development model of high-tech industry (2006R0033)
9. Natural Science Fun of Fujian Province, The Optimal Timing in Banks' Write-off Decisions (2006J0210)
10. Social Science Planning Project of Fujian Province, The study on the factors in capital outflow and the governing strategies in Fujian Province
11. Social Science Planning Project of Fujian Province, The study on the investigation of the present situation of farmers’ income and the measures to increase farmers’ income(2003T034)
12. Social Science Planning of Fujian Province, The study on investment and financing of private enterprises in Fujian coast (2003B173)
Provincial-level Science Research Outcome Rewards
1. Scientific research in November 2009, Non-linear relations between inflation and inflation uncertainty in China received the second prize of The 8th Fujian Province Social Science Excellent Achievement.
2. Scientific research in November 2009 is Lucas’ hypotheses agreed in China – Based on the empirical research on Time Varying Parameter Model received the second prize of The 8th Fujian Province Social Science Excellent Achievement.
3. Scientific research in December 2007, Amended Weighed Coefficient of Variation: The Useful Index for Measuring the Degree of Income Distribution Equality received the second prize of The 7thFujian Province Social Science Excellent Achievement.
4. Scientific research in November 2005, The rise and development of the private economy – Investigation of hundred private enterprises in Fujian received the first prize of the 6thFujian Province Social Science Excellent Achievement.
5. Scientific research in November 2003, The study on enterprise production and pricing decision model received the third prize of the 5th Fujian Province Social Science Excellent Achievement.
6. Scientific research in November 2011, Private enterprises directly invest in medium value location selection in China received the third prize of The 9th Fujian Province Social Science Excellent Achievement.
Provincial-level Instruction Outcome Rewards
1. Teaching achievement in September 2005, Research and practice of environmental protection and sustainable development for students of non-environmental departmentreceived the first prize of Fujian Province Excellent Teaching Achievement.
2. Teaching achievement in September 2009, Curriculum reform and textbook compiling in finance received the second prize of Fujian Province Excellent Teaching Achievement.
Dr. Ridong Hu
Dean and Professor, College of Economics and Finance, Huaqiao University, China, PRC
Address: 362021 College of Economics and Finance, Huaqiao University,
Quanzhou City, Fujian Province, China, PRC